Meghan Markle and Prince Harry issued a statement about Markle’s father on Monday shortly after he announced that he would not attend the Royal Wedding.
Thomas Markle, 73, decided not to attend the massive ceremony after he was caught making a deal with a paparazzi photographer to pose for flattering “candid” pictures.
Shortly after the news broke, Markle issued a statement through Kensington Palace, asking for privacy on the matter.
“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” said a spokesman, according to a report by PEOPLE. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”
UPDATE @ 12:00p.m.:
Meghan Markle‘s father may be walking her down the aisle after all.
Speaking to TMZ on Tuesday, Thomas Markle said he has changed his mind after speaking to his daughter and has decided to travel to Windsor and to attend Meghan and Prince Harry‘s wedding.
However, Thomas says this is all contingent on his doctor’s approval and that he is back in the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack last week.