Ric Flair was rushed to a hospital Thursday morning after suffering a medical emergency, TMZ Sports reports on Thursday.
Flair was in the Atlanta area when something went wrong. The 70-year-old WWE legend was initially taken to the emergency room to be treated.
The Nature Boy is speaking out for the first time since being rushed to the ER last week … thanking the doctors and hospital staff for their help, as well as family and fans for showing support during his hospital stay. Flair has just been discharged from the hospital after 7 days of treatment and he was wheeled out with a smile on his face!!!
The Naitch Is Home!!! Thank You To All The Incredible Staff And Doctors At Gwinnett Medical Center Once Again! I Am So Thankful For All My Family, Friends, And Fans For All The Love. At This Time In My Life, I Never Take It For Granted. I Will Be Back Up And WOOOOOing In No Time! pic.twitter.com/yPKC7AKGoY
— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) May 22, 2019
Flair is experiencing medical “complications” that have forced doctors to postpone a surgery that was supposed to happen on Friday, this according to Ric’s wife.
Wendy Barlow just issued a statement on the WWE legend’s condition — saying, “Ric’s surgery has been postponed until Monday to address some complications that needed to be taken care of first.
“Thanks for all the well wishes.”
View this post on Instagram
During a media call, Conrad Thompson addressed his father-in-law’s condition. He said Ric Flair was in the hospital for a planned procedure and TMZ blew it up.
Ric Flair wanted to have the operation before the Starrcast event in Las Vegas.
Thompson declined to give further details.
The specifics are unclear at this point but TMZ has been told the situation is “very serious.”
Flair had a previous medical scare back in 2017. He was placed in a medically induced coma for 11 days after his intestine ruptured. Flair was in critical condition and on the verge of dying.
We will continue to update this story as it develops.